Sunday, July 26, 2009

Washington DC Day 0 - planning 101

So here we are at the River Inn before dark, and I decide to build upon my logistical triumphs. Let's walk up to Trader Joe's, I say, only 3 blocks away, bring back food and booze stash for the hotel room mini-kitchen, and THEN go out to dinner. Brilliant. As we head off, it starts pouring down great buckets, but it would be silly to go back for the umbrellas. So there is a nice Thai restaurant next to TJ's, but of course we are soaked to the skin and have this soggy French bread, so back to the hotel. After changing clothes we head out into the clear evening armed with our umbrellas, and make it to the Thai Coast before closing. Fortunately the food was terrific. I had a green curry with chicken, and Georgia had a seafood something or other. I had a Sake-tini, chilled sake with an olive, tasted great, as any alcohol would have at that point.

End of Day 0 in DC.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment